The River School Board of Trustees
At The River School, decision-making authority at the highest level resides in a volunteer Board of Trustees. In 2014, the Board of Trustees, with input from faculty, parents, and community members developed a new mission statement and five-year strategic plan.
Excerpt from the 2014-2019 Strategic Plan:
Today, with new research, resources and technologies appearing at an ever-quickening pace, we find we are doing so much more to enrich River’s learning and teaching environment. To list just a significant few we:
- embed new approaches to social-emotional learning including mindfulness and yoga;
- use infrared soundfield systems to aid children’s attention by improving classroom acoustics ;
- use thematic curriculum to cross the boundaries between traditional classroom subjects;
- provide arts and sciences experiences that enable children multiple avenues for self expression; and,
- employ evidence-based strategies that strengthen early cognition by expanding our children’s memory and critical-thinking skills.
Rachel Weller President
Nancy K. Mellon
SecretaryPatrick Brice, PhDMary W. CarpenterAndre Cheng, MD PhDSusan EngelMindy GinsburgKathryne LoveBritlan Malek, PsyDNicole RippeonNowell RushCasey SeidenbergAndrew SpragueJulien Vilquin