The River School’s inclusive program challenges each child to work collaboratively, to think critically, and to develop the confidence to take risks, embrace their curiosity, and find their voice.
- Ages: 18 months through Grade 3 since 2000. Grade 4 applications are now being accepted for Fall 2022!
- Total Enrollment: 222
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 5-to-1
- Average Class Size: 8-16
- Percentage of Students with Hearing Loss: 10-15%
- Percentage of Students receiving financial assistance: 24%
Total Faculty and Staff: 70
Master’s level educator and speech-language pathologist in each classroom
- Transdisciplinary support teams (occupational therapy, audiology, psychology)
- Percentage with advanced degrees: 95%, including four doctorates
- Graduate student interns in most classrooms
- Progressive, thematic curriculum
- Strong literacy and language focus
- Arts and Sciences classes for all age groups--science, library, maker space, art, drama, physical education, and yoga
- 25% of the children's day is spent engaged in physical activity - PE, yoga, playground, outdoor field time
After Care: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The River School is located in northwest Washington DC, west of Georgetown and is convenient to the Maryland and Virginia suburbs. MacArthur Boulevard offers the advantages of a neighborhood setting along with a public library, shopping and parks.
Association of Independent Maryland and District of Columbia Schools (AIMS-MDDC)
Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington
National Association of Independent Schools
National Business Officers Association
Palisades Citizens’ Association
American Cochlear Implant Alliance