RiverWalk & Spring Picnic May 5, 2018
Walk along C&O Canal & Billy Goat Trail
River School Spring Picnic
This event takes place at the Carderock Rock Pavillion in the Carderock Rock Recreation Area.
RiverWalk is a community-wide event for River School families, alums, grandparents, and friends. Families can walk on the stroller-friendly C&O Canal Tow Path or hike on the Billy Goat Trail. The school's Spring Picnic serves as the end point for walkers and includes lunch, face painting, and a ballon artist.
We encourage you to attend this free event and support the Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund.
- RSVP to attend the event;
- Be a RiverWalk sponsor;
- Fundraise for RiverWalk with your River Schooler. There are prizes for raising $100, $250 and $500.
- Make a donation to the Jill Bailey Chenet Fund;
- RSVP for the event: Text RSWALK to 71777
- Donate: Text RSWALK to to 41444
- Questions? Email the Development Office
Jill Bailey Chenet’s RiverWalk is named in memory of our beloved teacher and friend who taught her students, and all of us, to love, laugh and celebrate life.
RiverWalk proceeds go to The Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund, which supports “Tootie Time” tutoring at The River School, a program to help children succeed in school and become life-long readers.