Welcome to Distance Learning at River!
Distance Learning at River
During the COVID-19 public health emergency, The River School has implemented a Distance Learning Plan to ensure that our students continue to develop their love of learning during this time. While our traditional methods of interaction have changed temporarily, our faculty thoughtfully and creatively find ways to bridge the distance.
The areas below highlight the ways we are supporting River School children through Distance Learning:
- Daily Note with specific lessons and activities
- Specific learning goals/objectives that follow our curriculum
- Ongoing assignments/conferences related to the curriculum
- Links to videos and mini-lessons
- Virtual field trips
- Virtual conferences with students
- Writing activities
- Arts & Sciences Faculty Newsletters with activities to do at home
- Video links from the Arts & Sciences faculty and special appearances by fan favorites, including Mr. Jones, Mr. Corbett and Miss Rose
- Optional small-group instruction
- Virtual events
What parents can do to support their student's success:
- Provide a consistent, quiet location that allows for your child to spread out and do their best work
- Partner and communicate with teachers to try new ideas and ways of learning
- Upload photos and work to share with your child's teaching team
- Provide technological support
- Play and read regularly with your child
If a family has difficulty accessing technology, contact Nicky David. Contact the Distance Learning Planning Team with any questions on the program. Visit our Coronavirus web page for updates, resources and copies of messages to the River community.