We are still accepting a limited number of applications for the 2023-2024 School Year. Email mcampbell@
2023-24 Admission Deadline Dates
January 13 - Admission Application Due
January 20 - Recommendations/Supporting Materials Due
February 3 - Financial Aid Application Due
March 3 - Decision Notification Via Email
March 17 - Enrollment Contract & Deposit Due
June 1 - Enrollment Contract Binding Date
Applying to The River School
The admission process is an opportunity for you to discover our exceptional program and for us to learn more about your child and family. Please contact Megan Campbell, Director of Admission and Enrollment Management, to discuss both the standard admission process and open spots we might have throughout the year. She can be reached at email@example.com
Visit The River School
Schedule a Zoom/phone call with Megan and/or register for one of our Parent Open House events on October 4, November 8, November 9, December 9 or January 9. We’ve partnered with Ravenna to help manage the admission steps, starting with your initial interest in The River School for your child. Submitting an initial Inquiry Form through the Ravenna System will help us create a smooth process for you. After submitting your information (please complete a separate inquiry form for each of your children), you can register for our Virtual Open House events. Please note: the Inquiry Form is not an application.
Online Admission Application
Child Play Session
After receipt of your application, the Admission Office will contact you to schedule an applicant visit for your child:
- Play Session Video Submissions are required for Preschool applicants (18 months - 3 years 11 months programs). We will provide detailed instructions.
- 60-minute In-person Play Visits will be held for PreK-Grade 3 applicants.
- Half-day Visits will be held for Grades 4-5 applicants and will include a math assessment, reading assessment, writing activity, and hands-on, interactive group lesson.
Admission testing (i.e., WPPSI and WISC tests) are not required by The River School.
Teacher Recommendation forms should be submitted for PreK - Grade 5 applicants, using the Ravenna System. River requires one teacher recommendation per applicant. Teacher recommendations are considered confidential and should not be shared with parents for submission to River.
Supplemental Materials for Grades 4-5 Applicants
Through Ravenna, please provide:
- Current and Previous Year Report Cards
- One Writing Sample, Handwritten. For the writing sample, the applicant should provide an independent writing sample (two paragraphs or more). They may recount a favorite memory or experience, share details about a book recently read, or describe a preferred hobby. Alternatively, we will accept a recently completed writing assignment from their current school.
Emailed March 3, 2023 for the standard admission process for 2023-2024 School Year.
Signed enrollment contracts are due March 17, 2023 with a deposit for the standard admission process for 2023-2024 School Year.
The River School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, gender, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid and other school-administered programs.