2024-25 Admission Deadline Dates
January 12 - Admission Application Due
January 22 - Recommendations/Supporting Materials Due
February 2 - Financial Aid Application Due
March 1 - Decision Notification Via Email
March 15 - Enrollment Contract & Deposit Due
June 1, 4:00 pm - Enrollment Contract Binding Date
Applying to The River School
The admission process is an opportunity for you to discover our exceptional program and for us to learn more about your child and family. Please contact Megan Campbell, Director of Admission and Enrollment Management, to discuss both the standard admission process and open spots we might have throughout the year. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit The River School
Schedule a Zoom/phone call with Megan and/or register for one of our Parent Admission events on October 5, November 8, December 11 or January 8. We use the Ravenna system to help manage the admission steps, starting with your initial interest in The River School for your child. Submitting an initial Inquiry Form through Ravenna will help us create a smooth process for you. After submitting your information (please complete a separate inquiry form for each of your children), you can register for our Admission events. Please note: the Inquiry Form is not an application.
Online Admission Application
After receipt of your application, the Admission Office will contact you to schedule an applicant visit for your child:
- Play Session Video Submissions (7-10 minutes in length) are required for Preschool applicants (18 months - 3 years 11 months programs). We will provide detailed instructions. The video submission serves as the 'applicant visit.'
- Two hour in-person visits for PreK-Grade 2 applicants.
- Half-day (8:30 am - noon) in-person visits for Grades 3 applicants (includes math and reading assessments and writing activity).
- Full-day visits for Grades 4-6 applicants (includes math and reading assessments and writing activity)
- Zoom visits are available for out-of-town applicants (PreK-Grade 6).
Admission testing (i.e., WPPSI and WISC, SSAT tests) is not required by The River School.
Teacher Recommendation forms should be submitted for PreK - Grade 6 applicants, using the Ravenna System. River requires one teacher recommendation per applicant. Teacher recommendations are considered confidential and should not be shared with parents for submission to River.
Supplemental Materials for Grades 4-6 Applicants
Through Ravenna, please provide:
- Current and Previous Year Report Cards
Emailed March 1, 2024 for the standard admission process for 2024-2025 School Year.
Signed enrollment contracts are due March 15, 2024 with a deposit for the standard admission process for 2024-2025 School Year.
The River School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, gender, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid and other school-administered programs.