RiverWalk is an annual community-wide event for River School families, alums, grandparents. and friends. Families can walk on the stroller-friendly C&O Canal Tow Path or hike along the Billy Goat Trail.
We start with an Alumni Breakfast at 9:30am, followed by the walk. River School’s Annual Spring Picnic serves as the end point for walkers. The picnic includes food, games, treats and more, all in a beautiful outdoor park.
There is no cost to attend this event, but we ask you to participate in one or more ways to support the Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund:
- Attend and join the walk an picnic;
- Make a voluntary charitable donation;
- Be a sponsor;
- Work with your River Schooler to fundraise on behalf of RiverWalk. There are prizes for raising $100, $250 and $500!
- Sign-up: text rswalk to 71777 Donate: text rswalk to 41444
- Questions? Email Karie Kvandal
Jill Bailey Chenet’s RiverWalk is named in memory of our beloved teacher and friend who taught her students, and all of us, to love, laugh and celebrate life.
RiverWalk proceeds go to The Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund, which supports “Tootie Time” tutoring at The River School, a program to help deserving children succeed in school and become life-long readers.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Every donation contributes to the Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund!