10:00am-RiverWalk along C&O Canal & Billy Goat Trail
11:30am-Spring Picnic catered by Rockland's
Location: The event takes place in the Carderock Rock Pavillion in the Carderock Rock Recreation Area.
RiverWalk is an annual community-wide event for River School families, alums, grandparents, and friends. Families can walk on the stroller-friendly C&O Canal Tow Path or hike along the Billy Goat Trail. The school's Annual Spring Picnic serves as the end point for walkers and includes a catered BBQ, games, and giveaways.
There is no cost to attend this event, but we ask you to participate in one or more ways to support the Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund.
- Attend and join the walk an picnic;
- Make a voluntary charitable donation;
- Be a sponsor;
- Work with your River Schooler to fundraise on behalf of RiverWalk. There are prizes for raising $100, $250 and $500.
- Sign-up: text rswalk to 71777 Donate: text rswalk to 41444
- Questions? Email Karie Kvandal
Jill Bailey Chenet’s RiverWalk is named in memory of our beloved teacher and friend who taught her students, and all of us, to love, laugh and celebrate life.
RiverWalk proceeds go to The Jill Bailey Chenet Scholarship Fund, which supports “Tootie Time” tutoring at The River School, a program to help children succeed in school and become life-long readers.
Over 50 families have sponsored, donated, bought walk t-shirts, and/or volunteered.