2023-24 Admission Deadline Dates
January 13 - Admission Application Due
January 20 - Recommendations/Supporting Materials Due
February 3 - Financial Aid Application Due
March 3 - Decision Notification Via Email
March 17 - Enrollment Contract & Deposit Due
June 1 - Enrollment Contract Binding Date
The River School values a dynamic and socio-economically diverse school community and makes a significant commitment to financial aid to ensure that all students have an opportunity to benefit from a River School education. The River School Financial Aid Program is designed to assist families with financial need by covering costs associated with tuition and other school expenses.
The River School’s Financial Aid Program is separate from the admissions process and is managed by the Business Office. Financial aid awards at The River School are based solely upon demonstrated need and are determined annually. Our Admission Committee, without regard to financial aid applications, makes all admission decisions.
To help determine need and collect data, The River School subscribes to the School & Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS) and uses the SSS calculation as a guide in determining a family’s contribution. When considering an independent school education, families should expect to contribute to their child’s educational expenses to the greatest extent they are able, given their economic situation. All families who wish to be considered for financial aid must apply online through SSS.
Financial Aid Instructions
The River School’s financial aid application process is a two-step process:
1. Complete an online application on the School & Student Services (SSS) website. Families should submit the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) online through the SSS website. Click on “Complete your PFS” and select “create an account”. This will begin your application process (our school code is 2356). Upon completion of your PFS, SSS will provide The River School with a financial analysis on line based upon your data. When submitting the PFS online, you must pay by using your debit or credit card.
2. In addition to completing the application, upload the following documents to the SSS website:
- a signed copy of your family’s most recent tax return(s) and all related schedules
- copies of all of your most recent W2s and/or 1099s
- applicable signed corporate/business tax return(s)
Financial aid applications for The River School's standard admission process for 2023-2024 School Year are due February 3, 2023. Please contact our Business Office regarding financial aid applications after that date. All materials are kept confidential and used only by our Financial Aid Committee for the purpose of determining financial aid awards for the applicant.
Applicants for financial aid will receive financial aid notification in March 2023. Admission and financial aid decisions are made in separate processes; application for financial aid will not affect admission decisions. Please be aware that The River School may not have sufficient funds to provide financial aid grants to all qualified applicants.
The River School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious affiliation, gender, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid and other school-administered programs.