Camp River is for children ages 3 to 10 (rising Preschool through rising Grade 4).
Campers include current students, former students and children from neighboring communities. Be sure to sign up soon. Camp River sold out quickly last year! Early bird and multi-session discounts available.
Preschool Camps (Ages 3-5):
- Session A: June 21-July 8
- Session B: July 11-29
Elementary Camps (Ages 5-10):
- Week 1, June 21-24: Imaginarium
- Week 2, June 27-July 1: Good 'Ole Fashioned Fun
- Week 3, July 5-8: Mystery Camp Detectives
- Week 4, July 11-15: Summertime Magic
- Week 5, July 18-22: BYOF (Build Your Own Fun)
- Week 6, July 25-29: Showtime!
- July 11-15: Cooking Around the World with Vineyard Camps (ages 6-10)
- July 18-22: Hiking on the River: Local Ecology Camp (ages 5-10)
- August 1-5: MAD Science Presents: Science in Motion (ages 6-10)
- August 1-5: MAD Science Presents: The World Around Us (ages 4-6)
June 21 - August 5, 2022
Camp River provides children with a balanced schedule of creative, intellectual and physical activities which serve as an “educational bridge” for the summer months. In age-based groups, campers explore new topics and face exciting challenges, all focused on weekly themes. Children ages 3 to 10 (rising Grade 4) from River and the community are welcome to attend.
Check out our engaging and creative themes and visiting camps! From cooking crab croissants to building a Jello-Lego fort, we have seven weeks of fun adventures for your camper and their friends!
This year will look a little different at Camp River, but our joyful community and summer fun are unchanged. Campers over the age of 5 are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Campers and staff will wear masks as required by the DC Mayor's Office, camp cleaning protocols and safety measures will be maintained, and each group will have a dedicated outdoor space to use throughout the day.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are required and must be up to date for all Camp River participants and staff.
- All campers must be toilet trained.
- Please note that if Camp River cancels programming or should your camper be unable to join us due to COVID-19, all impacted programming will be refunded. Otherwise, registering for Camp River includes a 10% non-refundable deposit. After June 1, 2022, we are unable to refund cancellations for non-COVID reasons.
- Tuition must be paid in full, and required forms are due by June 1.
Camp River Staff Opportunties
June 21-July 29, 2022
Camp Counselors (Ages 15+)
Camp Counselors get to have fun with children and gain valuable experience and leadership skills. You will help manage a class of children, design activities and work as a team with other counselors to keep camp running smoothly. This is an hourly paid position. Experience with children and committing to all six weeks are preferred but not required. Counselor candidates will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter, and will have an interview. Email Camp Director Capitola Anderson to apply.
Counselor-in-Training (CIT, Ages 14+)
Three, Two-week Sessions
For teenagers who love children, enjoy camp activities, CITs work with a class and their counselors to bring the magic of camp to life. CITs gain work experience, can fulfill volunteer hours for school and make summer lifelong memories! CITs will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter, and will be interviewed as part of their training program. Register through the Camp River portal to participate.
Camp Technician (Ages 11-13)
Three, Two-week Sessions
Join a dedicated group for a two week session that combines summer fun with work experience. This is a great way for young teens to start exploring what it's like to work as a counselor.
They will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter, and will be interviewed as part of their training program. If interested, register through our Camp River portal. There is a $150 fee per session for Camp Technicians.